PBL, the Missing Piece of the Puzzle

I was referred to this site during EduCon, and this video was one that really caught my attention...
I am trying to implement a more project based approach at my own school, and this video has great examples of what a PBL environment can really be.

While there was lots of thinking happening while I watched the video, the most profound moment was when I realized that PBL just felt... Right. 

With all this talk about students owning their own education and doing things that relate to the real world and how it works, PBL is like that elusive puzzle piece. The one you need to write the company for because it contains the head of Jimi Hendrix from your vintage Woodstock collectors edition puzzle. Until that piece is in place the whole thing was just a waste of time.


Have successfully initiated Project Based Education in your own classrooms? Any tips on how to make it happen easier?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...